Monday, December 10, 2007

When Paulians Attack!

Just to get the ball rolling:
One thing about Ron Paul that troubles me:

His supporters: Most of all, these people trouble me about Ron Paul. They are ill-tempered, rude, disdainful of other views, and far too smug and self-righteous. Don't get me wrong, I think the man himself has the guts to stick to his position. But I worry about the people who are gravitating towards him. A great many of them seem to view Mr. Paul as nothing less than God made flesh, and he can't possibly be wrong. This loses sight of the fact that he is only human, not immune to human mistakes and troubles, and that criticism of him may be valid. I am deeply afraid that if Ron Paul came from behind to win the Republican nomination, and then the presidency, that we would end up a country less able to compromise, and eight years of that has been quite enough for me, at least.

To see an example of his supporters' handiwork, you could click here. Or here. Or here. Heck, you don't even have to click these links. Just search for "Ron Paul" on any blog that allows comments (or pretty much any newspaper), and I can pretty much guarantee that unless it says only nice things about Ron Paul, there will be some nasty comments.

No comments: