Tuesday, December 11, 2007

U.S. Hearts Huckabee

Mike Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor and ordained Baptist minister, has come from behind in a big surprise to take the lead in Iowa and South Carolina from Romney. In the national polls, he is breathing down Giuliani's neck.

I watched him at the Republican YouTube debate, and he came across as a very nice person. His answer to the question about the Log Cabin Republicans was particularly good; when it would have been easy to rant about homosexuals, he said, "Well, I might not agree with them on everything, but I would accept their support." It is nice to see someone on the Republican side at least giving a semblance of tolerance. And this is the ordained Baptist minister that is saying this, while Romney and Giuliani distance themselves from their prior comments on homosexuals!

Also, his ad with Chuck Norris...I love it! If you haven't seen it, take a look below. A nice refreshing break from negative ads, and way better than Gravel's nonsensical ads. Take a look:



I think that of all the Republicans in the field, I would object the least to Mike Huckabee, since he seems to have the best sense of humor.

No comments: